Why are women underrepresented in philosophy and should we care?
- Among the highlights, Phillipe looks at survey data on incoming freshman’s major preference and PhD’s by gender. He find’s that the correlation between the proportion of incoming freshman who are women who intend to major in X and the proportion of PhD’s rewarded in ’10-’15 is 0.963!
- The Meridian of Her Greatness
- Scott meets Polyani. A rambling and interesting account of why many people are unhappy given the immense amount of economic progress.
- Effective vs Harmful Anti-War Activism
- Exactly what it sounds like.
- Economist Bryan Caplan does an AMA
- Who to blame for poverty? Immigration restrictions, bad economic policy in the third world, and the poor. That’s the claim of his forthcoming book (don’t get too excited it will be awhile, in the meantime look forward to the Case Against Education).